TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read through these, as payment of a deposit, is taken as agreement to the terms. These terms cover all you need to know before starting your course. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Basis of agreement
1. The terms and conditions enclosed set out the agreement between you and JCMA.
Please read and sign at the end. 2. These terms and conditions will form a binding contract between you and JCMA, once
we receive your deposit.
1. A non-refundable deposit of 500 will secure your place on our Diploma courses, and a non-refundable deposit of €250 will secure your place on any of our other courses (see website for individual courses)
2. For courses up to €500, the full amount must be received 2 weeks prior to commencement of the course. This is to facilitate kit and equipment purchase for your course.
3. For courses over €500, 100% of the total course fee must be paid by the FINAL WEEK of course
4. For students receiving funding from state bodies, a letter from the state body confirming this will be required, along with your deposit of €250. 5. There is no VAT fee for education, so no additional charges for this will apply. Nor can VAT be reclaimed
3. Minimum age requirement
1. We cannot accept bookings from students under 16 years of age except for on those courses specifically listed as being for younger age groups. You confirm that you are 16 years of age or over. If this proves to be incorrect we may terminate our agreement with you. Models brought in for class/assessments / photo-shoots must be at least 16 years of age. Models under the age of 18, must have a consent form signed by their parent or guardian.
4. Methods of payment
1. Deposits can be paid by card over the phone or by calling the academy.
2. Instalments are paid EVERY week on the day you are attending your course.
3. Payment by cheque or bank draft is also accepted. Please make all cheques payable to
Jimmy C Makeup Academy.
4. Fees can be paid by cash if payment is made in person. Amounts up to €1000 only are accepted on any 1 day.
5. If your company or organisation is paying for the course fees and would prefer to be invoiced, please write to us on your company's headed paper. Payment is required within 15 days of the date of the invoice or as specified. Your place on the course is not confirmed until payment has been received.
6. Late applications
1. If there are places available on a course we will accept bookings right up until the course commences. Late applicants will usually have their place on the course confirmed by telephone or email. If, however, you have not received confirmation within 24 hours of your application it is your responsibility to check the status of your booking. This can be done by contacting us by phone or email.
7. Cancellations by you
1. You have the right to cancel your booking within 7 days, starting on the day after the contract between us comes into force. If the contract date is less than 7 days prior to the commencement of your course, you may cancel at any time up to the commencement of your course. No money will be refunded once the course starts or if the course is not cancelled 7 days before your course starts.
2. You may not cancel your place on a course after the 7 days referred to in 6.1 above. If you are paying by instalments, the full course payment must still be paid. This is also true in the case of non-completion of the course, due to dismissal through Jimmy c Makeup Academy's grievance procedure.
3. Failure to pay any monies owed to us within 30 days, may result in court proceedings being instigated against you with the likelihood of you being responsible for additional costs.
4. Cancellation requests must be made in writing. 5. Refunds can take up to 1 month to process.
8. Cancellations by us
1. Please note that courses have minimum attendance levels and may be postponed or cancelled if too few bookings are received. 2. We reserve the right to amend or cancel courses; change course location; dates;
Substitute lecturers and tutors. 3. If we cancel a course we shall endeavour to give you at least one week's notice and you will have the option of transferring to another course. 4. We will not be liable for any losses arising as a consequence of any modification or cancellation of courses or timetabling constraints as set out above and beyond the cost of the course fee.
9. Class postponement by us
1. If a class is postponed for reasons for which we are responsible, we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class or to add the missed hours on to the remaining course classes. We apologise for this inconvenience and urge you to contact us if you have any concerns.
1. You may transfer onto another course up to one month before the course start date. Under these circumstances, you will be permitted to transfer subject to an administrative charge of €50 to cover costs. if you fail to enrol and complete the course you have transferred to you will not be entitled to any refund but will still be liable for the whole of the course cost.
2. If a replacement student is found prior to the course start date, you will be permitted to transfer subject to an administrative charge of €50.
3. If you have booked a course within one month of its start date conditions 10.1 and 10.2
4. Students can transfer a maximum of once.
5. Transfer requests must be made in writing.
6. You may not transfer to another course once your course has started.
1. If you are unable to attend a course you are permitted to transfer your place to a
substitute students up to one week before the start date.
2. We must be notified in writing of the substitute student's name and there is a €50
administration charge for each substitution.
3. Substitutions cannot be accepted after the course has started.
12. Attendance and Non-attendance
1. In order to get your certificate, you must attend at least 90% of classes
2. Non-attendance at classes due to illness or for personal or professional reasons does not give rise to the right to refunds, extra tuition or a transfer.
3. However, in such an event we will consider all the circumstances and take such action that we consider to be fair and reasonable.
4. Please note that if alternative options are offered there may be an additional charge.
5. Non-attendance for assessment must be covered by a GP Letter stating that you were unfit to attend. Otherwise, an additional fee of €150 for further assessment will apply.
13. Events outside our control
1. We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in the performance, in whole or part, of
any of our obligations arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving our workforce or the workforce of any other party), acts of God, wars, riots, civil commotions, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rules, regulations or directions, accidents, breakdowns of plant or machinery, fires, floods, storms, pandemics, epidemics or other outbreaks of disease or infection, or failure in the public supply of electricity, heating, lighting, air conditioning or telecommunications equipment.
14. Assessment and Certificates
1. VTCT assessments will take place on dates specified by the College. You will be given at least 1 months notice and must be available to sit assessments in order to achieve your Certificate. Assessments are normally held during the daytime. 2. To achieve a certificate you must attend at least 90% of the course. You will be presented with a certificate at the end of the course. The name given on the booking form will be the one that appears on the certificate. 3. Replacement certificates can be requested up to one year after completion of your course and will incur a fee of €50.
15. Materials and equipment
1. The course fee includes the cost of basic materials for use in class, which will be provided. we do provide an academy kit for you to use however you will be suggested products throughout your course to get for your own kit.
2. Any kits or materials provided to you must be brought in for use in class as requested.
3. Please see the course description on our website for details of the additional materials which you will need.
4. Failure to bring the required materials will delay your progress on the courses.
5. Unless otherwise agreed in advance, the course facilities are only available for use during the course hours and not at other times.
1. All classes are taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English should note that they are required to be proficient in written and spoken English and be able to participate in group discussions and presentations in English. As a guideline, we would expect you to have an IELTS score of 4.5 for practical courses and 6.0 for lecture courses.
17. Student conduct
1. Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and to recognise that other students also require support and assistance. If a student becomes persistently disruptive, we may, at our discretion, require the student to leave the course and we may exclude the student from our premises.
18. Bank holidays
1. There are no Monday classes on bank holiday weekends and published course dates reflect this.
1. Due to copyright, and to respect other participants, the use of audio and/or visual recording is not permitted unless permission is given from the academy, we reserve all the rights of all pictures taken and videos recorded at jimmy c to use on all the company's social media and website for promotional purposes.
20. Health & Safety
1. Students are asked to wear appropriate clothing and footwear to practical classes. This will be discussed with you on the first day of your course or else will be referred to in the materials list. Students who fail to comply with health and safety rules will be unable to participate in practical classes.
21. Complaints and Appeals
1. If you would like to make a complaint, please contact us in writing stating the reason for your complaint. We will reply within 1 week, in accordance with our complaints procedure.
2. You have the right to appeal any assessment process or result. To appeal, please contact us in writing, within 14 days of your assessment result.
22. Equality and Diversity
1. College of Media and Artistry is committed to providing all our students and staff with a safe, inclusive and supportive environment in which to learn and work. We aim to ensure that everyone in our college is treated with respect and dignity. We actively promote equality of opportunity and recognise and celebrate the diversity of our community. 2. We will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of disability, race, gender, faith, age or sexuality and have policies and processes in place to support this. We treat any cases of harassment or discrimination very seriously and take steps to eliminate it.
1. In accordance with Copyright Law you are not permitted to reproduce or modify course notes, store them in a retrieval system or transmit it in any form by any means - electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of College of Media and Artistry 2. All work produced by the student during the course will remain the property of Jimmy C Makeup Academy for the duration of the course and after the course. We are authorised to reproduce student work and images on our website and other modes of communication. 3. Photo-shoots – JCMA holds the rights to all images created throughout the duration of your training and may use these for promotional activity without credits.
24. Course location
1. You will be advised of your course location in your booking confirmation letter. Please
be advised that course locations may occasionally change due to operational reasons photo-shoots.
1. Except as set out in condition 10 you may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these terms.
26. Data protection
1. We will only use the personal information you provide to us to provide the courses and access certificates from our awarding bodies or to inform you about similar services which we provide unless you tell us that you do not want to receive this information. We will not pass your data to third parties.
1. If we fail, at any time while these terms are in force, to insist that you perform any of
your obligations under these terms, or if we do not exercise any of our rights or remedies under these terms, that will not mean that we have waived such rights or remedies and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, that will not mean that we will automatically waive any subsequent default by you. No waiver by us of any of these terms shall be effective unless we expressly say that it is a waiver and we tell you so in writing.
28. COVID 19 is here and we have implemented new policies and procedures in order to help keep everyone safe. We may introduce blended learning also if needs be where learners will be required to learn at home for part of your course. It will be mandatory to wear a mask whilst on the premises at all times, refusal to comply with any of the COVID-19 policies and procedures at Jimmy c will result in you being asked to leave the course and the same enforced if needs be.
If you at any point experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 please do not come to college and contact your doctor. If you have travelled to high risk or cluster area please also inform us and we will make a decision whether it is safe for you to return to college or not. You will be required to give us some information regarding data gathering of contact tracing. That information will be kept for our records in a closed filing cabinet.